Monday 31 January 2011

It will end in tears

The battle between good and evil has been joined.

The propaganda peddled by Stan Hieronymus, Pete Brown, and Michael Jackson (no, not the monkey-loving pop freak but the now dear departed Beer Hunter) has proved too compelling and I found myself today stood at the counter of Beer-Ritz clutching these seven bottles of Blegium's finest and feeling somewhat uncomfortable about what's to come:

  • St Bernardus Pater 6
  • St Bernardus Prior 8
  • St Bernardus Abt 12
  • St Bernardus Tripel
  • Timmermans Gueuze
  • Oud Beersel Gueuze
  • Lindemans Faro Lambic
At the present time these esoteric little beers are down in the cellar laughing at the homebrew and intimidating a bottle of Cote du Rhone, whilst I hide at the top of the house trying to pluck up the courage to open them.

And I don't like the way the monk is looking at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment